Server Side DevelopmentNode.jsExpress.jsHapi.jsJavaC#PythonRethinkDBRedisElasticsearchZookeeperRuby on Rails
High Performance Embedded DevelopmentModern C++C
Site Reliability Engineer, United States Digital Service - Department of Veterans Affairs2016-09 — Present
I began as the SRE for Caseflow and left having architected the VA's migration to AWS.
- Guided the VA cloud migration effort, which includes Direct Connect configurations, network performance analysis, and VPC design that scales for thousands of tenants.
- Led the SRE team for the Veterans Appeals modernization effort (Caseflow).
- Designed and built a resilient cloud infrastructure for Caseflow that integrated with the VA's legacy systems.
- Built a CI/CD pipeline that allowed daily production deployments, which increased the team's velocity.
- Migrated the 30 year old Oracle database that holds all Veterans Appeals to the cloud using AWS DMS.
- Automated my job away.
Technical Lead, United States Digital Service - Social Security Administration2015-11 — 2016-09
I began as a React/Node.js coach and left as the Technical Lead on the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS).
- Led and developed the Social Security Disability modernization project using microservice architecture with an HTML5 SPA frontend.
- Integrated the modern microservice architecture with legacy mainframe systems and mailing machines.
- Delivered a highly visible MVP under a tight deadline, which led to successful product shipment across many states.
Technical Lead Engineer, Boeing / Digital Receiver Technology2005-06 — 2015-10
I began as an embedded C++ developer and left as a full stack software developer.
- Wrote high performance C++ code with the focus of minimizing memory leaks, stack/heap corruptions, or race conditions.
- Developed multiple applications, both native and web-based, including technologies such as Java SOAP, C# WinForms, CassandraDB, Android, NVIDIA CUDA Framework and Node/React/AngularJS.
- Performed cybersecurity research that involved forwarding mobile IP packets using ARP poisoning.
- Became a technical lead for a wide variety of projects.